9 Of The Most Affordable Beach Resorts In Batangas For The Perfect Destination Holiday
Sun, beach, and sea - who could ask for more?
When you need to get away from the daily grind of life, it would be great if your holiday was affordable and not too far from home. That’s why the Batangas is such a popular destination. It’s a short flight away from Metro Manila. And it’s close to so many white-powdery sand beaches, clear waters and aqua activities. If you want the best bang for your buck, consider one of the affordable beach resorts in Batangas listed below!
The top 9 affordable beach resorts in Batangas
There are dozens of different resorts to stay at, so it can be a little overwhelming when you just want somewhere that’ll fit you and your group in comfort. Whether you want to go on a day trip or plan to stay overnight and soak in the glorious sun at your leisure, we’ve listed a variety for everyone to enjoy.
1. Aquaria Beach Resort (Playa, Calatagan)
Aquaria Beach Resort is really great for families to enjoy together. The water park is ideal if you go in a big group for a day trip. It’s a popular destination and there’s loads of fun to be had!
- Entrance fee: Php400 (Php600 during weekends)
- Corkage fees for food and drink: Php100 for food, Php200 per liquor bottle, Php35 per beer bottle
- Lunch: Php300
- Activities: Lian market, beach, swimming pool, 3-storey water slide
- Travel expenses: Tricycle hire (Php75), Van hire (Php180), Bus fare from Calatagan to Lian (Php149)
- Total cost: Php1,304 per person during weekends
2. Coral Beach (Lian)
How does eating lunch on a raft while gently floating in the sea with clear blue skies sound? Coral Beach is one of the most affordable beach resorts in Batangas and is perfect for its cheap accommodation, tasty food and great facilities to get the real holiday vibes. The rooms are air-conditioned and have a flat-screen TV with Cable satellite. Fancy!
- Booking fee: Php3,600 for premier room per night
- Activities: Lian market, beach, Jetski, Flying Fish, Scuba diving, large swimming pool, a billiard table, Lago D’oro Wakeboarding Park, and a golf course
3. Fortune Island (Nasugbu)
If beautiful architecture is your jam, Fortune Island is full of hauntingly beautiful ruins. It used to be a luxurious resort in the 1990’s but was abandoned. People often travel here because of the unique atmosphere and scenic photos with the Grecian backdrop. It’s an ideal location for a day trip, but if you want to stay and enjoy the evening on the beach, you can bring tents and your own supplies. Just be aware there are no toilets!
- Gas & Toll: Php350 per person
- Entrance fee: Php300 per person
- Boat Rental: Php625 per person if in group of 4 (actual rent is Php2,500)
- Meals and miscellaneous: Php500 per person
- Bathroom Fee: Php15 per person
- Total: Php 1,790
- Activities: camping, cliff diving, stargazing with a bonfire
4. Masasa Beach (Tingloy)
This beach is really popular for its water sports, as the freshness is unparalleled across all the other beaches. But the trip to the beautiful beach is just as good as the experience itself! Since travelling by bus means you will pass rice fields and rural towns. Most of the expenditure lies in renting equipment.
- Entrance fee to Masasa beach: Free!
- Sombrero Island Entrance Fee: Php200
- Boat rental (island hopping tour) from Anilao: Php4500 per boat (10pax max)
- Boat rental (island hopping tour) from Masasa Beach: Php1500 per boat (3pax max)
- Environmental Fee: Php30
- Activities: camping, snorkelling, island hopping (Sepoc Island, Sombrero Island, Gulugod Baby & Oscar Island), hiking
- Travel expenses: Php180 by bus (3 hour total), or Php80 (1 hour plus hiking)
5. Sunrise Cove (Calatagan)
This hidden gem is slightly off the beaten path but worthwhile if you are looking for an affordable adventure with diving and snorkelling on the cards. Or you might just be looking for a quiet getaway. Both options are possible at Sunrise Cove.
- Booking fee: Php1,700 for a 2 room villa per night
- Activities: kayaking, snorkelling, diving, beach hopping around Pagaspas Bay, crab hunting
There are many choices to suit parties of different sizes, with villas accommodating up to 10 people (Php10,000 per night). All villas have a private kitchen and the best view of the ocean. While there are no restaurants close by, a beach caretaker can cook and serve meals at a fee.
6. Binukbok Viewpoint Resort (Bauan)
One of the few places near Manila where you go afford to go diving and snorkelling! Binukbok Viewpoint is an established Marine Sanctuary that invites all to come and enjoy the facilities. Accommodation suits people who love the outdoors and starts as low as Php880 per person if you take the 1-day tour. There’s a range of ongoing promotions so Binukbok Viewpoint is definitely worth checking out!
- Booking fee: Php1,000 per person (if in a party of 4)
- 2 days and 1 night
- 20-minute boat ride to the Resort
- Includes the Environmental fee
- 3 person tents
- Table in a covered cottage
- Activities: scuba diving, snorkelling, fish feeding, karaoke, hiking
7. Punta Verde Dive Resort (Lobo)
Looking for some R&R? This resort is great to bask in the lush views of the beach from Spanish-theme villas. It’s also one of the best places to beach hop when you get restless and are looking for adventure!
And it’s within budget, as the Sampaguita Hut starts at Php3,500 per night with breakfast included. And you can explore the island on an affordable day tour at Php750 (Friday – Sunday) or at Php500 (Monday – Thursday).
- Booking fee: Php3,500 per night
- Day tour: Php750
- Includes the Environmental fee
- Activities: snorkelling, kayaking, 45 minute hike to nearby waterfall, museum
8. Manuel Uy Beach Resort (Calatagan)
Most people haven’t heard of this one, and not because it isn’t good! It’s 4 hours from Manila and described as one of the best upcoming resorts in Batangas. More and more backpackers and travellers are flocking here during holiday seasons for the chilled out atmosphere and beautiful scenery. There aren’t any on site accommodation facilities but people are welcome to camp there for the star-lit night view.
- Little Boracay/Starfish Island tour: Php500 per person (party of 4)
- Travel expenses: Tricycle – Php200 (up to 4 people)
- Environmental fee: Php30 (additional Php100 if staying overnight
- Activities: snorkelling, swimming, camping, stargazing
9. Isla Verde
Tucked away between the islands of Luzon and Mindoro is some of the Philippines’ best marine reserves. The waters are crystal clear and the beaches awash with powdery white sand. This is one of the most highly sought after affordable beach resorts in Batangas.
- Island hopping: Php375 per person (party of 4 costs Php1,500)
- Travel expenses: Bus to Batangas- Php157, Jeepney to Tabangao port – Php57, (up to 4 people)
- Activities: snorkelling, swimming, sunset watching
Would you stay at any of these affordable beach resorts in Batangas? Anymore to recommend? Let us know in the comments!
Read more articles below: