Cost Of Preschools In Singapore: Local Vs International
When it comes to choosing between a local or international preschool, there are a lot of things you need to consider, including the cost of preschool in Singapore.
Having good education can help a person get ahead in life, and opens up new opportunities. That’s why it’s important to get a head start at a young age, despite the cost of preschool in Singapore.
Parents are willing to fork out a small fortune for their children’s preschool education, simply because enrolling in a good preschool can help set up a child for success later on in life. And when it comes to preschools in Singapore, there are a lot to choose from. One key thing to consider choosing between a local or international preschool.
Should you choose a local or international preschool?
There are many differences between a local or international preschool in Singapore. The main thing is the cost of preschool in Singapore. Firstly, local schools tend to be cheaper compared to international schools which can easily cost ten times that amount.
Another is that local schools tend to start at around 7:30 AM, while the schedule for international schools can vary depending on the school.
International schools are also usually run by expats, and the educational system caters to a wide variety of nationalities. So that’s another thing to consider when choosing between local or international preschools.
When it comes to international schools, you need to remember that you’re paying for the quality education that they offer. International schools usually have specialised curriculums that are designed to boost a child’s development. Some of them offer a play-oriented style, while others are geared more towards an education style approach.
Cost of preschool in Singapore
Cost of preschool in Singapore can be affordable, especially if you choose a local school.
Here’s a list of affordable local preschools that are available:
1. PCF Sparkletots – from S$375/month
2. Tai Pei Child Care Centre – S$480/month
3. Chee Hwan Kog Childcare Centre- S$520/month
4. ABC Children’s Place – S$530/month
5. 3-in-1 Family Centre – S$552/month
6. St Andrew’s Cathedral Child Development Centre – S$560/month
7. D’Joy Children’s Centre – S$567/month
8. Lutheran Child Care Centre – S$570/month
9. Huda Childcare – S$570/month
10. Kidz Meadow Childcare & Development Centre – S$594/month
On the other end of the spectrum, you have international schools which can easily cost almost 10 times as much as local schools.
Here are some international preschools in Singapore (cost includes application and other fees):
1. EtonHouse at 681 Bukit Timah Road – S$11,980.56/year
2. Quayside Isle Preparatory School in Sentosa Cove – S$21,000/year
3. EtonHouse at 215 Upper Bukit Timah – S$22,687.56/year
4. EtonHouse at 1 Vanda Road Singapore- S$22,687.56/year
5. One World International School – S$25,305/year
6. Singapore American School – S$26,791/year
7. ISS (International School Singapore) – S$29,728.42/year
8. Canadian International School – S$29,620 per year/year
9. United World College South East Asia – S$39,050/year
10. EtonHouse Sentosa – S$42,275/year
Do you think the cost of preschool in Singapore is fair? Which would you choose to send your kids to – local or international preschool? Let us know in the comments.
Read our other articles below: