Successfully score an online appointment by taking note of these useful tips!
As the year comes to an end, majority of airlines, both local and international, are offering discounted airfares through their year end sales. If you are part of the lucky ones who were able to successfully booked flights for your next great adventure, remember to double check your passport validity if you have an existing Philippine passport, or prioritize your application if you are not currently in possession of one.
To be able to be cleared for boarding an international flight, your passport must still be valid for at least 6 months and above from the date of your scheduled flight. Having a passport with less than 6 months validity will surely cause a delay or even cancellation of your trip.
To avoid much hassle, remember to check for available slots and schedule a DFA online appointment at www.passport.gov.ph. For the past couple of months, available slots have been getting more and more elusive which leads people in a desperate attempt to book a DFA online appointment through illegal fixers.
This DFA, through an online statement, reminded travellers that the appointment and scheduling system allocates slots on a first come, first served basis. Limited slots are available per site and there is no guarantee that a slot will always be available for a user's first choice for an appointment schedule.
If you've already had countless attempts to book an appointment to no avail, always keep these tips in mind to make things easier for you.
- Consider booking a DFA online appointment in branches outside Metro Manila.
Since majority of passport holders are based in Metro Manila, slots in DFA branches situated in the metro, especially those that are conveniently located inside major shopping malls tend to get filled easily. Try to check DFA branches in provinces that are easily reachable from Manila, such as those in Rizal, Quezon, Pampanga, and Batangas, to name a few.PRO TIP: schedule your provincial DFA online appointment if you have a planned trip to the province to hit two birds with one stone.
- Browse the DFA online appointment website during off-peak hours.
Same as the tried and tested life hack for successful bookings during seat sales, try to browse the appointment website in the wee hours at night or very early in the morning, when the website has less traffic, and the competition is not as cutthroat as compared to setting an appointment during daytime.
- Check for offices that are open on a Saturday.
A number of DFA branches are open on Saturdays to cater applicants who cannot take time off from work and are free during weekends only. Kindly note that passport processing on weekends is automatically considered by DFA as express processing and will cost a bit more than applications during weekdays.
- Be flexible with your preferred dates.
To make room for delays or limited availability of DFA online appointment slots, do not wait for the last minute before attempting to schedule an appointment. An allowance of three to four months before your scheduled departure would be ideal to have ample time and to avoid unnecessary anxiety.
- Remember the guidelines for exemption in setting a DFA online appointment.
If you are an OFW, senior citizen, PWD, solo parent with valid solo parent ID, pregnant, or parents to a child seven (7) years old and below, setting an appointment is not required and you may easily apply for passport issuance and renewal by simply visiting a DFA branch near you.
- Ensure that your passport application requirements are updated and complete prior to your scheduled appointment.
Nothing would be more stressful than having a confirmed slot that you would not be able to use because of a deficiency on your requirements. As of this writing, the basic requirements for passport application are the following:- Confirmed online appointment
- Personal appearance
- Fully accomplished application form
- Original copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Authenticated Birth Certificate on Security Paper. If your PSA Birth Certificate is not clear or is unreadable, a Local Civil Registrar Copy may be required.
- For married Females, an original copy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage is required.
- Any of the following valid IDs with one (1) photocopy: SSS / GSIS / UMID Card, LTO Driver's License, PRC ID, OWWA, iDOLE card, Voter's ID, PNP Firearms License, Senior Citizen ID, School ID, Current Valid ePassport.To guide you on your next trip, read more articles below:
How To Apply For A New Passport In The Philippines According To DFA Passport Requirements
Travellers Visiting Singapore No Longer Need To Fill Out A Paper Arrival Card As The Process Moves Online
Heading To The USA? Here's What You Need To Prepare!
Before You Start Packing For Your Trip To Japan, Read This First!