Normally the service costs anywhere from RM135 to RM350. Now, some places are running campaigns that offer the service for free.
Mammograms are extremely important for women. It is advised to get one done at least once a year. The best part is that there are free mammograms in KL ongoing throughout the year.
Mammogram is a type of breast imaging that uses low-dose x-rays to detect cancer in its early stages – even before women experience symptoms – because that is when it is most treatable.
Though it is more pertinent for older women to get their breasts checked more often, it wouldn't hurt for younger women to get their breasts checked regularly too.
1. Leave jewelry at home and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
2. Bring your ID.
3. Don’t wear deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under your arms or on your breasts.
4. Let the technologist know of any breast symptoms or problems before they perform the exam.
5. It would be best if you can bring your previous mammograms to the exam if you have them.
6. Once done, ask when your results will be available and do not assume the results are normal. Have them examined by a doctor.
This promotion is ongoing and women above the age of 35 are eligible. This is one of the examples of free mammograms in KL organised by a hospital.
Though this campaign has ended, Tung Shin is known to refresh the campaign almost every year. Keep up to date with news on their Facebook page to find out when the next one is. Otherwise, the hospital charges a reasonable RM135 fee for the service.
The NCSM is a great website to check out from time to time if you're looking to get a free mammogram, as it updates readers on ongoing campaigns with insurance companies, hospitals and clinics.
Know of anymore free mammograms in KL? Leave your suggestions in the comments and we will add them to this list.
Stay updated on free mammograms in KL by bookmarking this page!
Read more articles.