12 Things You Shouldn't Ever Say In An Interview
Or: How to lose a job prospect in 12 sentences.
When you're on a job interview, it's understood that you should put your best foot forward and make a good impression. But these folks left us dumbfounded when they said things you should never say in an interview.
Even if you're not particularly excited about that job. You never know when you'll ever cross paths with your interviewer again, so bring your A-game to every single job interview.
Here are 12 things you should never say in an interview (that we've actually heard!)
1. Heard from a man who was obviously so secure in his masculinity
2. You think?
3. You're really selling yourself here
4. This is just silly
5. No, we won't bend over backwards to accommodate you
6. Ask your coworkers on your first day. Not the CEO interviewing you.
7. There's ambitious, then there's delusional. This falls under the latter.
8. And this is how you burn bridges
9. You. Are. An. Adult.
10. Guarantee: your interviewer will NEVER invest in your company if you do this
11. Goodbye then.
12. ...is this "negging"?
What are some of the ridiculous things you've heard people say in interviews? Share them in the comments!
We think you might also be interested in the articles below: