We know that come April, 17, everyone will be scrambling to complete their tax returns. What if we told you there’s an easier way to prepare and file your BIR tax returns Philippines? All taxpayers and employees can now save time and energy on looking for the right forms and filing their taxes with ease, thanks to the Bureau of Internal Revenue’s (BIR) online forms your finances can be organised at the click of a button!
The fastest way to complete tax returns Philippines
Skipping long queues is no longer a fantasy! There are options for online and offline filing to complete your tax returns to minimise the time spent and any margins of error when completing the forms.
BIR have an online package that taxpayers can fill out to submit their tax returns directly. The BIR define their online filing as:
“The Online eBIRForms System is a filing infrastructure that accepts tax returns submitted online and automatically computes penalties for tax returns submitted beyond due date. The System creates secure user accounts for taxpayers, ATAs and Tax Software Providers (TSPs) for use of the online System, and allows ATAs to file on behalf of their clients. The System also has a facility for TSPs to test and certify the data generated by their tax preparation software (certification is by form). It is capable of accepting returns data filed using certified TSP tax preparation software.”
All that’s needed is a computer and an internet connection! Before you can pay for your taxes returns Philippines online, you’ll need to enrol first.
- Head over to the eServices section on the BIR website
- Click on the eFPS icon
- Then click on “Enroll to eFPS”
- Duly complete the form and click submit when finished
- Wait 3 to 10 days for an email confirming your enrollment
Once you’ve enrolled, simply log in using your new Filing Reference Number (FIN) on the eFPS website. After filling in your information and choosing your form of payment, hit submit.
Some people prefer to double check their tax returns Philippines before submitting them. And BIR’s offline eBIRforms package is a good way to lower errors on tax filing, as stated on their website.
“The Offline eBIRForms Package is a tax preparation software that allows taxpayers and ATAs to accomplish or fill up tax forms offline. Instead of the conventional manual process of filling up tax returns on pre-printed forms that is highly susceptible to human error, taxpayers/ATAs can directly encode data, validate, edit, save, delete, view, print and submit their tax returns Philippines. The package can do automatic computations and has the capability to validate information encoded by taxpayers/ATAs. After filling out the forms in this package, taxpayers/ATAs can submit it to the Online eBIRForms System.”
If you’d like to file your tax returns Philippines offline, download the latest eBIRForms Offline Package (as of writing, version 7.2) at the BIR e-lounges and save on a USB stick to complete at home.
Install the software and open it. Choose from 47 forms and input your Tax Identification Number (TIN). After clicking “Fill up”, your background information will be saved. The form will then pop up, and your where you can complete it with your relevant details. After you’ve reviewed the form and you’re happy that it’s been accurately fill in, click “Save” and “Print”, at which point you can take the forms to your nearest Revenue District Office.
47 tax file return forms on the eBIRForms offline package
- Payment Form (0605)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Expanded) (0619E)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (0619F)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Value-Added Tax and Other Percentage Taxes Withheld Expanded (1600)
- Remittance Return of Percentage Tax on Winnings and Prizes (1600WP)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation (1601C)
- (New) Monthly Remittance Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation (1601Cv2018)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld Expanded (1601E)
- Quarterly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld Expanded (1601EQ)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (1601F)
- Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (1601FQ)
- Monthly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (1602)
- (New) Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld on Interest Paid on Deposits Substitutes/Trusts/ Etc (1602Qv2018)
- Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld (1603)
- (New) Quarterly Remittance Return of Final Income Taxes Withheld on Fringe Benefits Paid to Employees Other than Rank and File (1603Qv2018)
- Annual Information Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation (1604CF)
- Annual Information Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (1604E)
- ONETT Withholding Tax Return (1606)
- Annual Income Tax Return (1700)
- Annual Income Tax Return (1701)
- Quarterly Income Tax Return for Self-Employed Individuals, Estates and Trusts (1701Q)
- (New) Quarterly Income Tax Return for Self-Employed Individuals, Estates and Trusts (1701Qv2018)
- (EXEMPT) Annual Income Tax Return (1702EX)
- (MIXED) Annual Income Tax Return (1702MX)
- (REGULAR) Annual Income Tax Return (1702RT)
- Quarterly Income Tax Return (1702Q)
- Improperly Accumulated Earnings Tax Return (1704)
- (Capital Asset) ONETT Capital Gains Tax Return (1706)
- (Shares of Stock Not Traded Through LSE) ONETT Capital Gains Tax Return (1707)
- (For Onerous Transfer of Shares of Stock Not Traded Through the Local Stock Exchange) Annual Capital Gains Tax Return (1707A)
- ONETT Donor’s Tax Return (1800)
- ONETT Estate Tax Return (1801)
- Documentary Stamp Tax Declaration/ Return (2000)
- (One-Time Transactions) Documentary Stamp Tax Declaration/ Return (2000OT)
- Excise Tax Return for Alcohol Products (2200A)
- Excise Tax Return for Automobiles & Non-Essential Goods (2200AN)
- Excise Tax Return for Mineral Products (2200M)
- Excise Tax Return for Petroleum Products (2200P)
- Excise Tax Return for Sweetened Beverages (2200S)
- Excise Tax Return for Tobacco Products (2200T)
- Monthly Value-Added Tax Declaration (2550M)
- Quarterly Value-Added Tax Return (2550Q)
- Quarterly Percentage Tax Return (2551Q)
- Quarterly Percentage Tax Return (2551Qv2018)
- Monthly Percentage Tax Return (2551M)
- Percentage Tax Return on Stocks (2552)
- Return of Percentage Tax Payable under Special Laws (2553)
Although it can seem intimidating, completing your tax returns Philippines can be done online and offline easily! Share with any friends who always leave it till the last minute!
Read more articles below: